Thursday, June 16, 2011

Welcome Dinner

I was so tired the day that we had our first official meeting that I can't remember very much. Laura and I did go to see the special Drawing exhibit at the Uffizzi museum, which had some incredible sketches from Renaissance artists and even peeked into some of the galleries in the upstairs room

I saw Boticelli's Primavera and the Birth of Venus, which nearly brought me to tears. She is so much different than you think she might look.

As far as the orientation I can't remember very much because I was very tired. We did hear from all of our professors and were given some information about Florence and the program. Most importantly, however, we had our welcome dinner in a fancy restaurant that appeared to be quite old and distinguished inside, with wood paneling and mirrors. We were served baskets of different kinds of bread, water, wine and the following:

The Place!


The Food:

Course 1: Pasta with tomato sauce and olives 


Course 2: Some type of ham or veal cutlet with yummy sauce, fried potatoes and sauteed spinach

Course 3: Dessert, which for those who wanted it came with espresso!

No comments:

Post a Comment