Saturday, February 11, 2012

Thanksgiving in San Diego!

One of my favorite places in California is its southernmost metropolis: San Diego!

I have been coming to visit the warmth of its beaches since I was a child, and to visit my favorite family members since I was a teenager!

This year, I was finally able to make it down for Thanksgiving, which in previous years hit smack in the middle of my Fall semester.

I was really excited for several reasons: (1) I love, love, love my family in San Diego and I miss them terribly when I'm home (2) It's a beautiful place to visit -with an amazing micro-climate that always cheers me up and (3) The food is always, always, delicious!

One of the yummiest meals from my trip was Thanksgiving at my Aunt and Uncle's!


My Uncle Stewart's famous Smoked Turkey!


Cornbread!


Cornbread Stuffing with Sausage = Awesome!


My Aunt's Thai Spiced Sweet Potatoes = :-DDDD


Raw Cranberry Sauce!  Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm + it's really healthy!


My plate with a little bit of Everything!

The next day, my Aunt and I went for a long walk on the beach- from Torrey Pines to Del Mar. The weather was amazing and it was low tide, which meant that we could walk and walk for miles and that our walk was free of waves and full of gorgeous views! 


 Downtown Del Mar


Headed back along the Torrey Pines State Reserve Beach!


Sunset


Tide pools


Me
 I also got to spend a bit of time in San Diego's downtown historic district, although I don't have a lot of pictures to show you.


Overall, it was a wonderful trip- like always. Seeing the pictures makes me want to visit again soon!


Up in the air!

Aerial view of downtown San Jose!

Santa Clara street is down the middle of the photo, with City Hall (the silver dome and square building just beneath the tip of the wing) and San Jose State University, at the edge of the tall buildings in the background on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment