Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Lunch with new friends!

6/29, continued.

After the exhaustive and exhausting tour of the Palazzo Vecchio- I may have forgotten to mention that the day was one of the hottest yet- I was starving and so were some new friends of mine. They are incredibly lovely to get to know, and I'm sorry that we didn't connect sooner. I offered to take them to my favorite pizzeria, as we were going to the Palazzo Pitti that afternoon (which is just around the corner).

After leaving the Palazzo Vecchio, we walked across the Ponte Vecchio and along the Arno toward the Ponte Santa Trinita. Sadly the pizza place was closed, but there was a delicious cafe that we found near Santo Spirito. Like Julia Roberts in Eat. Pray. Love., I finally ate some spaghetti! It was amazing!


Man do I miss this!


One of my friends ordered Lasagna.


And another ordered Gnocchi with Gorgonzola cheese! I tried some! That gnocchi + my spaghetti = :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment