Friday, July 15, 2011

Night Photos With A Friend

June 23rd

One thing I haven't done very much of on this trip is take photos at night. My old camera was terrible with anything other than direct sunlight, and beyond early evening and dusk photos, I haven't really tried it with my new camera.

After lecture I went with a roommate who is a photographer to take pictures. It was a lot of fun and I learned quite a bit from her about light and composition. She's also very fun and very funny.

Along with being an accomplished photographer she is a sneaky-sneak like me and it was fun to snap pictures of unsuspecting people while giggling during the process.

We made it to the Arno in time to see the sun heading down to the horizon and dusk settling in. We took pictures for about an hour and then went to grab a pizza while the sun set the rest of the way and the light changed. I thought that surely we would be gone too long, but as it happened my experienced photographer friend was just right in the timing and the pictures we got of the evening sky were beautiful.

Here are some for you to see:





























I also tried my hand (on accident I admit) at monochrome!



No comments:

Post a Comment